DWIT News is proud to be Nepal’s first and only online daily completely managed and run by college students. It is registered with the Department of Information Nepal. The company, under the name D.W.I.T News, www.dwitnews.com, is registered with the Office of Company Registrar on 6th May 2016.
DWIT News is the biggest club in DWIT with a total of 20 members. The club produces weekly college news video released on its YouTube channel every Friday night. The club regularly produces news articles on college activities and issues and gives a voice to the students through its opinion and editorial columns.
The club aims to turn the DWIT News site into an officially recognized e-news site. That is, it aims to improve the visit count of the site by bringing positive changes to the category and content of the articles, the look and feel of the site, and by introducing new features like video interviews, documentaries, thought-provoking pictures and so forth.
• High visit count
• High daily time on site of every reader
• Increasing comments and feedback
• Introduce new tweaks into the site and genre of articles periodically
• Entertain people through international and local news which are interesting but overlooked in context of Nepal
• Provide people access to not only text-based news, but also video/picture based news.